Your wardrobe is where you start your day. If it’s organized, you can get going quickly. If it’s not, finding the right outfit could be the start to a rushed, confused day. When trying to organize your life, the closet can be a great place to start. By taking just a few steps, you’ll be able to start your day knowing you can find everything you need to get dressed.Do you want to learn more? click here.
1. Separate your clothes by season. It’s much harder to find the right outfit if you’re constantly rummaging through December’s sweaters. You don’t have to pack your out-of-season clothes away, unless there are space concerns. Just make sure they’re out of the way in the back of the closet.
2. Don’t cram everything in! Hangers should fit easily between other garments. If you’re having trouble getting everything into your closet, it’s time to take something out. You can either put the excess clothes in storage, or get rid of them entirely.
3. Make every garment worth it. This includes special occasion outfits, everyday wear, and even socks and underwear. Get rid of clothes that are out of fashion, even if they have sentimental value. Give away anything that doesn’t fit – and no planning to diet until you can wear it again! Many of us have sworn to lose ten pounds and fit that pair of jeans again, but they almost always just clutter up our wardrobes. If a garment is too worn for anything but wear around the house, save it for rags or get rid of it. You only need a few “scrungy” outfits.
4. Organize your wardrobe in small bursts. This can be a big project for a lot of us. Clothes accumulate over the years, and without a regular closet cleanup, organizing them can be a daunting task. That’s why you should just work on a little bit at a time. Consider having a friend over to help you choose what should stay and what should go.
5. Cull your shoe collection. Over time, we collect more shoes than we can wear, especially as they go in and out of style. A few basics are all you really need to accessorize most outfits.
6. If you haven’t worn it in a year, let it go. Sure, some clothes are seasonal or special occasion. However, if it’s been sitting in your closet for a year, the chances are good that you won’t wear the garment again before it goes out of style. While it’s always good to have some basics for special occasions, holding on to old bridesmaids’ dresses, “date night” outfits, and clothes you just don’t like uses up valuable space and forces you to spend time searching through clothes you’ll never wear to find the ones you do.
Organizing your wardrobe is one important step to getting your whole life organized. If you don’t have to spend valuable time trying to figure out what to wear, you can get on with your morning. Don’t spend your days in a rush because you couldn’t find the right shoes or jacket. Instead, pare your wardrobe down to just what you need, and take time to enjoy yourself. Organizing your wardrobe is the first step to coordinating everything in your life.