Every girl or woman goes through certain gynecological conditions in her life, which only a gynecologist can understand. In an emergency or forminor physical problems, one can visit the nearest gynecology clinic in the area. However, it may not have the relevant infrastructure to cater to all physical problems of an individual.
In some cases, a gynecologist may have to conduct an investigation to diagnose the problem. In such a case, which is very commonplace, one would be referred to a diagnostic center or labs where all tests can be conducted effectively. This calls for a hospital or a clinic that has every facility under one roof. Therefore, one should look for five major services available at a gynecology hospital. Below are the services that can help one to avoid running from one hospital to another:Do you want to learn more? Visit Gynecology near me.
- Diagnostics: A doctor may recommend a routine blood test or urine test along with other tests for further investigation. In such a case, a hospital has to havea diagnostics department to conduct such tests in-house.
- Imaging: This entails a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine to conduct full body investigation. As this is very expensive, not all hospitals may have it. Most of the women at a later age, suffer from osteoporosis and in order to detect it x-ray is required.
- Gynecological surgery: In case of many gynecological conditions, a doctor may recommend a surgery to the patient. This requires a gynecology surgeon who can perform surgery with the help of other specialists. Like in case of treatment of female infertility, retrieval of eggs from the ovary is performed by an embryologist.
- Cancer screening: Recently, there has been an increase in the cases of breast cancer faced by women of all ages. To evaluate and detect it, cancer screening may have to be performed. In worst-case scenarios, the surgeon may advise removal of breasts, which in medical terms is called mastectomy. Though it is only done when cancer becomes life-threatening and medication would not work.
- Treatment of STD: Today, sexually transmitted disease is a common problem affecting men and women alike. Likewise, urinary tract infections are also common and both of these problems require a urologist’s intervention for successful treatment.
In addition to the above services, there are other services also which are available for treatment for gynecological problems. However, the ones mentioned above are critical to a full-fledged hospital meant for women. It may not be easy to locate the best gynecologist hospital in India, but the internet and a family doctor can really help to locate one.