Sometimes living in a home can give you a view through rosy colored glasses, but buyers will be the first to spot shortcomings. Those little projects you’ve been putting off–like repainting the front door or updating the landscaping–may be simple but they can discourage potential buyers. Staging a home is simply the process of removing those little projects. Buyers want a home that is as move-in ready as possible. Here are five tips for enhancing curb appeal and making your home more buyer friendly.Do you want to learn more? Visit improving curb appeal with BowenAgency.com.
- Paint, Paint, Paint: A new coat of paint can go a long way to making your home look up to date. Neutral colors work best because they appeal to the most number of people. Don’t forget that you may need to touch up paint on the exterior doors, deck, and front stoop.
- Mow the Lawn: Take the time to mow the lawn and clean the yard. Trim carefully around the mailbox, flower beds, trees and shrubbery. Rake leaves and grass and put away any tools that may be lying around. Buyers see a messy yard and think of hard work. With a tidy lawn, buyers can focus on the home itself. If they like what they see on the outside, you’ll improve your chances of getting buyers to look inside.
- Plant Flowers: Seasonal blooms or perennial greenery can bring a splash of color to your home and brighten the view from the street. It’s simply another way of showing how good your home can look. Flowers throughout the house will please the senses and make it feel like a home.
- Spruce Up Your Walkway: Dressing up your walkway with bricks or paving stones will lead people to your front door. Stones and brick also bring definition to areas like flower beds or and the bases of trees and shrubs. Add inexpensive solar lighting to further improve your home’s look. This is especially important if you’ll be showing the home in the evening.
- Add Window Treatments: Keep your home from looking plain or boring with some decorative shutters. Windows are an important element of the exterior decor of your home. Choose coverings that enhance the windows without hiding them. Buyers love to see natural sunlight stream through a home. Take some time to add planter boxes to the exteriors of windows for an immediate improvement that doesn’t cost a lot of money.